Saturday 6 January 2007

Fragments of a Dream by Leopolda z L Dobrzensky

Several years ago I came across a reference in the Hampshire Genealogical Society journal to my Elstone family who migrated from Hampshire to Ontario Canada in 1854. Then over the New Year bank holiday I stumbled across a bookseller in Ottowa who had a copy of the book in stock and who was prepared to sell to me and ship to the UK at a reasonable postage cost. The book arrived today.

From the back cover " Is the story of Dysart pioneers who were lured into the forest wilderness of the Canadian Shield in the 1860s and 1870s by promises of agricultural prosperity. Isolated from the settled parts of Ontario and undaunted by harsh living conditions, these courageous,self reliant men and women succeeded in laying a solid foundation for today's thriving community."

I am so looking forward reading this, but have about 10 books, mostly rings ahead of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...