Another "treat" I recall from childhood was to have a whopping potato done in the oven wrapped in tin foil for an hour or two, then out of the tin foil for about another 20 mins to brown and crisp up, then the jacket potato was served with lashings of butter and grated cheese. Even now, I regularly have these and always rummage at the greengrocer or supermarket for the whoppers!
Jackets with a difference!
* Nothing fancy - simply bake a Jacket potato
* Meanwhile, in a pan cook some mushrooms, bacon and perhaps onion (finely chopped)
* When the potato is cooked scoop out the middle and add to the bacon and mushroom mix. Add some cheese too!
* Give a good stir then place back into the skin and give a sprinkle of cheese on top
* Place under the grill until nice and light brown