Saturday 5 February 2011

Fleece Navidad by Maggie Sefton

I usually hate reading books out of order, but I bought books 5 and 7 of the series together and missed this one as Amazon UK were out of stock. I then couldn't wait to read book 7! It has been a tough Winter here and I was keen to have some relaxing escapism reading, and I wasn't disappointed.

Kelly and Steve are now living together in the cottage that was originally the home of her Aunt and Uncle. As usual, the storyline weaves itself around the local knitting and yarn store and there are two new residents in town. The two residents are known to each other, yet they can not get along.

Claudia is a widow and has not had much luck with husbands, as she has been widowed three times. She meets a local professor who severs his relationship with a local librarian. Potentially deemed as a gold digger, Claudia just has high spirits who lives life to the full. Her step daughter, the other newcomer in town has followed Claudia here from another state and seems very keen to cast doubt onto the genuineness of Claudia. Then the tranquility of the town is shattered as the Claudia's relationship with the professor breaks down, the police want to talk to Claudia about a stolen credit card and car and then the librarian is murdered. Kelly interrupts her festive shopping to do some sleuthing and somehow everything is not as it seems.....

Cross posted to Book Reviews

2 comments:

  1. Cute blog name...Hopping by from the blog hop....

    Stop by my blog if you like to see my answer and to read my reviews.

    Have a fun hop.

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like such a fun book!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...