Tuesday 22 February 2011

The Sunday Salon - A week of books

My post this week is a little late, the weekend seemed to fly by. I have been caught up this last week with various genealogy & blogging tasks, writing furiously for the Family History Writing Challenge. I am rather pleased that I have written every day, although I have the last 3 days to still post to my blog.

I acquired two books over the weekend as a reward for going to the dreaded supermarket!
  1. A perfect Proposal by Katie Fforde
  2. The Double Comfort Safari Club by Alexander McCall Smith
On the way home yesterday I nipped into the local library, taking advantage of one of the two late nights.I didn't really need any reading material, but didn't manage to make it and left with
  1. The Step-mothers support group by Sam Baker
  2. 9th Judgement by James Patterson - how could I resist?
I have also finished the second of the four library books I borrowed two weeks ago, the fourth in the Maisie Dobbs series by Jacqueline Winspear - Messenger of Truth. I am in the middle of Trade Winds by Christina Courtney, but will start the next book in the Maisie Dobbs series - In Complete Revenge as this follows on nicely, and quite by chance I spotted a Maisie Dobbs readalong, which I note I have just finished book four in time to contribute to the readalong. Then I shall head back to Trade Winds!

2 comments:

  1. I enjoy following your blog and have chosen it for the “One Lovely Blog Award.” You may pick up your award @ http://ponderdeeply.blogspot.com/2011/02/impact-of-tiny-impression.html :~)

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was sure I responded to this, but obviously not. Apologies for slackness!

    Thank you for nominating the Anglers Rest blog for this award. I am delighted that you feel that my blog is worthy of it. I'll make my selection of blogs over the next few days and post. Thanks once again.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...