Friday 25 March 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Wk 12 - Movies

Week 12: Movies. Did (or do you still) see many movies? Describe your favorites. Where did you see these films? Is the theater still there, or is there something else in its place?

Challenge runs from Saturday 19th March to Friday 25th March 2011

I am a bit of a fidget when watching the television. A programme has to really hold my attention and if is does not I might just well go to bed with a book, or turn over the channel. I do though occasionally watch movies on the television, and even rarer go to the cinema.

One of the best films I saw was in 1987, A Room with a View based upon the book by E.M. Forester. I saw the film at the Odeon at Guildford which at that time was situated at the corner of Jenner Road and Epsom Road.

With a friend I went to the cinema in Leicester Square to see Memphis Bell. I remember we spilt popcorn as the first scene shows a plane exploding which made us jump. I was so glad the lights were out!

A recent film was part of the Narnia Chronicles. We saw this film in South West Scotland, in a small town called Annan. It has to be the smallest cinema I have ever seen. There was even an interval during the film to replenish popcorn and use the facilities!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...