Friday 1 April 2011

Month in Review - February & March 2011

The very fact that I am reviewing February and March together hopefully tells regular readers that I have been busy. The work front cranked up several notches during February and March and then a tweak to my job role happened mid March. I also have been a bit unwell, which has resulted in my normal alert brain and thought process becoming sluggish and sleepy!

That said I have been writing and posting and do have a few posts to still proof read and tweak!

February
During February I undertook the Family History Writing Challenge. Here the idea was to write everyday during February at least 250 words about a section of my family history. I did manage it, although I have three posts to proof read and post, along with the review post.

I also submitted a post to the Thyroid Literary Challenge during February which was hosted by Dear Thyroid.

I also took part in a post for Save our Libraries early in February and a post to commemorate Waitangi Day in New Zealand.

I continued writing the 52 weeks of Personal Genealogy through February and into March.

My Ancestor of the week posts are behind. I have a few unfinished posts due to the fact that I have managed to misplace, not loose some papers that I need in order to finish two posts, which is very frustrating. Normal service will be resumed shortly!

March
During March I committed to writing a series of posts in commemoration of Women's History Month called Fearless Females. I have got a bit behind, but will post them over the next few days.

In March I submitted a post for the Carnival of Genealogy - Female Genealogy. You can read that post HERE.

I was invited to review several books for The Bookworm Blog. One review is complete with the other one waiting in the wings! I was also approached directly by one author for a review of their book, so watch the blog for the review posting.

Regular posts Sorting Saturday - Twitter Style and Treasure of the Month have continued and March's offering will be posted over the weekend.

I was approached to contribute a post to GeniMates and you can read that post HERE. I was also awarded the One Lovely Blog Award once for Anglers Rest and once for the Grave Encounters blog.

All in all, it has been a busy couple of months and hopefully April will simmer down just a little!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...