Saturday 16 April 2011

52 Weeks of Personal Genealogy & History - Wk 14 - Spring

Week #14 – Spring

Week 14. Spring. What was spring like where and when you grew up? Describe not only the climate, but how the season influenced your activities, food choices, etc.                             This challenge runs from Saturday, April 2, 2011 through Friday, April 8, 2011.
Spring is probably my favourite season. Watching the world of nature awaken from Winter and preparing to enjoy the Summer. As a child, I think that Springs were fairly mild, although I do recall one Spring, around Easter time that we had a rather heavy snow fall in the South East, which I think was fairly uncharacteristic.

Of late, we have had some really beautiful sunny days. We have adjusted our clocks to make the most of the light - loosing an hour's sleep! As the weather gets warmer, sunnier and brighter, we tend to eat lots of salads and less of the heavier, winter type meals.

I really like nothing more than to open the windows and doors onto a bright sunny day and chase away the cobwebs of winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...