Tuesday 12 April 2011

Blogging A-Z - April Challenge - I is for .....


I is for .......Islands

I can't help wondering if there is a genealogical reason that I like, or feel an affinity to islands. I was born and brought up in the United Kingdom, an Island. My Italian roots and heritage are linked to Sicily, an Island. I love Australia, I spent a year living there and have family there, and obviously, is an Island. I posted under H a super photograph of Tioman, yet another Island!

Over the last few years we have spent time on, and holidayed at a few of the Scottish Islands - Arran and Bute. Both very beautiful and yet different from each other.

Another view across one of the Lochs  - Isle of Bute
July 2009
View across Rothesay Bay - Isle of Bute July 2009
And, we have not finished there! - There is an Island off the coast of Devon called Lundy which I have always wanted to visit. A former colleague stayed on the island a few years ago and made me very envious. What is though the attractions with Islands?

2 comments:

  1. It must feel like home to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's one island I'm really interested in - Heligoland (a small island off the coast of Denmark/Holland).

    According to family 'lore', our 'Meyers' family line originates from there, but so far I have yet to prove that - given there are very few BDM records for the island, which has changed hands/sovreignty many times, before being virtually bombed out of existance in WW2!

    Interesting choice for 'I', though!
    :-)

    SueH

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...