Thursday 21 July 2011

Back from the Channel Islands...

We returned on Tuesday from our much looked forward to and welcomed break from Jersey in the Channel Islands. I did keep a log of what we did and in some cases ate, the places we visited and some general observations and will over the next few days tweak those posts and fiddle with the photographs - there are loads of them! and then upload the posts.

One of the things I pondered on as I spent the week away, was do I add the posts to this blog or perhaps create a separate blog to act as a travel journal? I'll consider over the next day or so. If you have any thoughts or comments please leave them, they would be very welcome.

Anyway, Jersey was wonderful, the people, the hotel and the food. The weather was changeable, but nonetheless, we had a lovely break. Stop by over the next few days and you'll hear all about it!

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a nice vacation. Have you heard of the wonderful book, "The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society?" I finished it a month ago, I think you will enjoy it. Don't think it is too far from Jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read the book a year or two ago; a great book. Guernsey is not that far from Jersey - an hour by ferry & 26 miles from Jersey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julie,
    Some of my ancestors are from Surrey. Don't have it in front of me, but that was exciting to see!
    Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whereabouts in Surrey Betsy? You never know, we may have a connection!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...