Thursday 1 September 2011

NaBloPoMo - Return - Day One


The theme for September NaBloPoMo is Return and I did wonder, when I signed up two things. Firstly would I manage it and secondly even if I did manage to post everyday could I use the theme across every posting. I wondered that last week and as I write this post a week later I still wonder.

There is rarely a post on the Anglers Rest blog about the day job. This is my corner of escapism and I work in a field where confidentiality is paramount. That said, I spoke with someone yesterday who has been a client of the business that I work for. The business that he worked in has made him redundant, another casualty of the recession.

Whilst redundancy is not nice, he worked in the field of caring for vulnerable adults in a residential setting. What is even worse, as the receivers and administrators moved in to calculate the losses and salvage what they could, is that 15 vulnerable adults lost their homes and care staff. In some cases those residents had lived there a lifetime and the staff were the only family some of the residents had known.

I thought something was morally wrong with this situation when I learnt of it a month ago, and when my thoughts returned to it yesterday, as the organisation closed its doors, I still believe something is morally wrong. Sometimes, gain and loss is more, much more than about money.

Taking part in NaBloPoMo for Septmber. NaBloPoMo stands for National Blog Posting Month. The Goal is for participants to write a post each day for a month. To help inspire bloggers, NaBloPoMo allocates a theme for each month. The theme for September is Return.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...