Thursday 1 September 2011

Simple Pleasures - Puffins



This happy little chappie is made at Lamlash Pottery on the Isle of Arran in South West Scotland. Stuart bought this for me about three years ago when we celebrated our wedding anniversary on the island.

There is an island off the coast of North Devon, about two hours from where we live that has a colony of Puffins. I have always wanted to see one in real life, so perhaps I will one day....

Simple Pleasures is hosted by A Collection of This & That

4 comments:

  1. Hi, This is my second week on Simple Pleasures but I do believe we met last week. I adore those puffins, but of course have never seen on in real life. I sure like yours from your trip. Trip sounded really nice. Don't you love to bring home special treasures that remind you of the trip everytime you look at them. We collect fridge magnets, spoons and coffee mugs. Puffins are cuter!
    Blessings,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cutie pie. I hate to sound ignorant, but I've never heard of puffins. Hmmmm .... most interesting, I must say.

    So glad you linked up to Simple Pleasures. Always a joy to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We always bring back something that catches our eye; although our recent trip to Jersey did not reveal such a gift. We did bring home lots of photos, some happy memories and plans to visit again, which we have booked for October.

    Thanks Dayle for your lovely comment. I am delighted to have found simple pleasures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This old post caught my eye this morning Julie. I've always wanted to see a real-life puffin but we're never in the UK at the right time...may have to do something about that one day.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...