Sunday 25 September 2011

Sunday Salon - Latest additions and musings.....


A few weeks ago, I picked up a copy of the Homes and Antiques Magazine published here in the UK. There was an article on King Penguin books. I was intrigued, and much to my husband's dismay I am contemplating collecting the series of books, all 76 of them. King Penguin were published from 1939 to 1959. I have no idea why I feel compelled to collect the set, but I do and if I am honest I probably will. I enjoy not just the book owning, but also the thrill of locating the sought after.

My recent book addition, there has only been one. I have been good on the purchasing front, and just replaced the actual buying books with thinking of buying books! The latest addition was purchased yesterday at the Creative Stitches and Craft Fair at Exeter. Details appear HERE, HERE and HERE!



The book can be purchased from National Needlework Archive and this third volume has the ISBN of 978 - 0 - 9550790 -3 - 0.

3 comments:

  1. I love, love doing needlework. Looks like a great collection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can totally understand the need to collect things!

    Good luck in the hunt!

    Here's MY SUNDAY SALON POST and
    MY WEBSITE

    ReplyDelete
  3. I understand the "thrill of the hunt" when book collecting -- have fun, and keep us updated on your progress.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...