Tuesday 31 January 2012

Tea Cup Tuesday - Millennium Mug 2000



Following on from last week's Tea Cup Tuesday mug. Made from the same pottery and probably purchased from the same shop locally. This is a lovely addition to my Millennium collection.

As I am sure there was the world over, there was much hype about the year 2000. Would our computers still work? Was it really the Millennium or was that the following year? Actually, I wasn't bothered. I had made plans and I kept to them!

For the year 2000 I kept a scrapbook. I wrote all sorts of things. I described the house, who we were and where we were from. I detailed our holiday and kept a few basics, such as things from the local newspaper, a till receipt showing the cost of groceries and petrol. I also made two time capsules. One of which I placed in the loft, the other was placed with my scrapbook and will be passed on to the poor individual who will one day inherit all my obsessions!


Taking part in Tea Cup Tuesday hosted by Artful Affirmations & Martha's Favourites

4 comments:

  1. Great tea mug! I have a Dunoon millenium. A great collectible! Thanks for sharing it!
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love what you did! Time capsules....love it! I wish I had thought like you.
    Your mug is wonderful, and so like the previous one. It is even better that it is a locally made mug.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time capsules - wish I’d thought of that. The only record I have of 2000, apart from photos, is my weight - bit up and doen over the years it seems :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What fun! A little time capsule of your own! Happy Tea Day!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...