Saturday 28 January 2012

Weekend Cooking - Beef Casserole


Last weekend, I had some cubed casserole steak in the fridge. I hadn't made any plans on what to cook and then had a vision of warm, thickish gravy!

I cut up two carrots and a few mushrooms added them to a pan with only a smidge of Olive oil and on a high heat to get some juices flowing! I could have added onion, but gave it a miss as it seems to upset my digestive system!


I then added the steak. What I had bought was already cubed, but I cut up into smaller chunks and added it to the pan. I left the heat high to brown and get some extra juices.


Then I added some gravy granules - about a tablespoonful, mixed in and turned the heat down to a number 2 (electric). I added about two fluid ounces of water.



Served with mashed, buttery potato. Cooking time was about an hour on the hob on a low heat.

Weekend Cooking is hosted by BethFishReads

8 comments:

  1. looks like a perfect wintery dish. Gravy and mashed...can't beat it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks that the perfect comfort food indeed. Even the photos help me beat the winter blues.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love foods like this when it's cold! And I love easy. This fits perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous8:10 pm

    COMFORT FOOD! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that looks so good. I'll bet it made your house smell good too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. comforting that's what that meal is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I do love a good casserole, although it has been a bit hot here for them at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks very tempting. I shouldn’t look at these posts when I’m hungry :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...