Monday 14 May 2012

100 Word Challenge - Week 42

Joining the weekly 100 words challenge for Grown ups. This week the prompt is to use the following words.


LIBERTY -  EMPIRE  - APPLE - YELLOW - ENORMOUS

They were eager to land and start exploring the delights of the City that never sleeps. The enormous guidebook sat taunting them.

Having checked into their hotel they looked at their travel list, held in a yellow filofax. In alphabetical order was a rather impressive list that included the Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty. Icons of the big Apple. Frank Sinatra would have been so proud of their planning and organisation.

They stood on the sidewalk and simply lapped up the feel of the City. Reaching for each others hands they headed off to explore.

Taking part in the 100 word Challenge for Grown Ups – Week #42

13 comments:

  1. I like the line about the guide book taunting them. That's exactly what guide books do to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate guide books and maps! Nice piece. I particularly enjoyed the last two sentences - reminded me of how I feel as a visitor to a new city.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love exploring new places,the feel of anticipation and excitement.

      Delete
  3. Anonymous7:35 pm

    I love guide books but they can be frustrating! Julia will enjoy this, and I love the buzz it creates :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, they are frustrating - getting you all fired up!

      Delete
  4. Good one- neat idea to use a guide book. I am struggling to think of anything to write for this prompt- maybe inspiration will bite later in the week...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like reading guidebooks before I actually go on a trip:)
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too. I like to write a list of the places that appeal to me and then read all about them. My favourite guides are the Lonely Planet series!

      Delete
  6. What a charming glimpse into the life of an adventuring pair. I think what I enjoyed most was the unspoken bond they share, with that last line. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  7. NYC is quite the great place to go. They forgot to include some New York style pizza. That's always a must-have whenever I visit NYC.


    Lee
    A Faraway View
    An A to Z Co-host blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great response to your challenge Julie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A great use of the prompts x

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...