Wednesday 12 December 2012

Advent Calendar 2012 - Traditions

Back in 2010 I wrote this post.

Traditionally, in my profession the lead up to Christmas is frantic, and this year will be no exception. I have to say, writing this post three days later than scheduled that if I see another prescription I shall go mad - well, at least until tomorrow! There is this endless thought process that I must have every drug ever prescribed dispensed before Christmas, and purchase every imaginable food for the Christmas period. Why is this the case?

I shall purchase my food shopping in the wee hours of 24 hour grocery shopping. Then get up and go to work as usual. Christmas Eve will be spent working with it going quiet around 2pm. Because of the field I work in closing early is not an option and I shall spend the last few hours working quietly, catching up on a few bits before closing and then coming home for the festive break.

As a child we always had gammon on the evening of Christmas Day. As time progressed, I have always cooked the gammon and had that for dinner on Christmas Eve with the remainder on Christmas Day during our finger buffet in the evening.  A colleague has suggested to me that a local pub has a Christmas Eve sing song around 6pm, so we thought that we might go, just for an hour and then head home.

How will you spend Christmas Eve? Do you exchange gifts on Christmas Eve?


2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading this Julie, and reminds us that we are all dependent on the people who work on Christmas Day to serve other's needs. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pauline. Last year Stuart worked Christmas Eve and Christmas Day night shift so that was very odd in terms of cooking meals. The only good thing was that I got to control the TV remote - just a shame I could not operate it properly!

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...