Sunday 9 December 2012

Sunday Salon - Books Down Under!


We recently spent 5 glorious weeks in Australia. One of the things I noticed was how expensive books are. I had no idea!

Being concious of the weight of books and the allowance I had for the plane I made a note of books I came across in book stores and in some cases took photos of the covers!

Here was the list of books I spotted, all linked to either Amazon or Fishpond.
  1. The end of your life book club by Will Schurable
  2. Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts
  3. In Tasmania: Adventures at the End of the World by Nicholas Shakespeare
  4. The House of Memories by Monica McInerney
  5. Ghost Gum Valley by Johanna Nicholls 
  6. Sincerely, a New Collection of Correspondence from Women of Letters by Michaela McGuire & Marieke Hardy
  7. The Shelly Beach Writers' Group by June Loves
Some great books and I had to be so controlled! Since I have been home, I have obtained two of the books. The first is Shantaram and the second is The end of your life book club which I have seen get some great reviews and I look forward to reading over the festive season, if I can wait that long!

I did purchase two books, one that was a very slim volume based upon a true story of a convict and a book written and published privately about our Ellis ancestors that migrated to Victoria in 1854.

Until next time, happy reading!

3 comments:

  1. Lucky you! Glad you had a lovely time!

    Here's my Sunday Salon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good that you had such a nice time! :)

    My Sunday Salon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous2:14 pm

    I read the "The End of Your Life Book Club". It is a very good book. I cried a lot though. Check out my review if you like.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...