Monday, 14 January 2013

Family History Writing Challenge 2013

Well the news is just out, that The Armchair Genealogist is launching a repeat of the Family History Writing Challenge. Are you going to take part?

The link above gives the details for the challenge, including how to sign up. Personally I am signing up to 250 words a day, which means that I should get a minimum of 7,000 words for the month, although I usually achieve more.

I am planning to use the month to explore what I know and would like to know about certain ancestors. So I can build a set of 28 chapters for a project I want to explore. This is the third year I have taken part and the best advice I can offer any fellow genealogical blogger is to plan.

Family History Writing Challenge
Image courtsey of
The Armchair Genealogist
  To sign up click HERE


  1. Hmmmm, perhaps this could be combined with the 28 days of February collage.

  2. Good luck with this challenge Julie. This is really something I should do, I've been procrastinating about writing my Fullerton family history book. I think I might use this challenge to at least write out my story plan.

  3. Good luck with the challenge Julie! I signed up last year but didn't progress too far for whatever reason. What I really need to do is edit and follow up what I've already written.

    Great idea of Kristin's for someone who wants to do a family theme with their pics.


Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...