Sunday 13 January 2013

Sunday Salon Check In!

Hello, what a week it has been.  I failed miserably at visiting the library and leaving with no books. I left with another 3 books, which were


Comfort Food by Kate Jacobs has been on my wish list for sometime. I spotted it and picked it up fairly quickly.

Nigella Christmas by Nigella Lawson.  Nigella is almost an old friend. Just before Christmas I watched the final 20 minutes or so of her Christmas programme and knew that I wanted the book. It is a whopper, with a whopper price - £25. It oozes loveliness and it followed me home from the library. Not a brilliant move, as it was a fairly heavy book to carry, but having had a look through it was worth the weight! This book will be the subject of a few Weekend Cooking posts I am sure.

Gluten Free for Dummies is a book, in preparation for me. We are wondering if there is a Gluten problem with hubby, so doing a little bit of reading in advance. Over the years I have had various patients with Gluten issues, but when its your own family it takes a different slant.

Then when I got home there were 3 books ready for reviews. I was so excited, I then immediately felt stressed at which one to read first!
The Gray Ghost Murders: A Novel by Keith…The Avalon Ladies Scrapbooking Society: A…Mrs. Lincoln's Dressmaker by Jennifer…

Then last week I realised that I had missed one of the challenges that I had decided to participate in, War Through the Generations, which is featuring the American Revolution. You can read my vow and link on to the challenge page HERE

Yesterday I was made aware of The Progressive Book Club: A unique blog hop that's an online book club and meets virtually on the third Wednesday of every month. This is hosted by M L Swift and looks promising, I immediately sign up! The first meet is on Wednesday, so it's likely to feature in the Sunday Salon for next week.

Finally, for those who are book lovers and down under, I was alerted this morning to a book hop to celebrate Australia Day on 26 January. You can sign up HERE and can read more about it HERE.
AustraliaDaybloghop








That's it for this week. Until next time....

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the promotion! I'm looking forward to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some days when comments from my ipad seem to go into the ether. Might be worth thinking about fructose as well as gluten for Mr Angler.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...