Tuesday 1 January 2013

Welcome 2013


Unusually we were in bed as a new year dawned. I did hear the local fireworks as the church clock chimed midnight. As lovely as it sounded, I was glad to be tucked up with my book and cup of tea! This morning we had a lovely conversation with my family in Australia, followed by a text message from more family and finally a Facebook conversation with more family. Isn't technology simply wonderful!

Sky News, my favourite news channel has placed a series of photographs on line which can be seen HERE, and to tempt you, here is one of them!

Fireworks explode around the London Eye during New Year's celebrations in central London
Courtesy of Sky News (UK)
The sky was beautiful and blue this morning with a glimpse of the sun peaking through, although it does keep disappearing behind a cloud which looks like might eventually give way to rain, yes, more rain.

I have not set any particular resolutions as I find that I feel like I have failed when I don't get 100% success, so the plan is to keep reading, writing, and blogging. A fellow genealogist has suggested having a go at the Project 365.

I tried several years ago and found the software clunky. I tried again last year and then stopped, but I am going to give it another go. Sadly my previous account seems to have disappeared and the iphone application is not talking to the account on the web. So, I plan to take photo each day and share it via Facebook. We have had success today.....eventually! I do have a blog where I tried to post each day and then I usually do a medley of the photographs of the month on the last day of that month. You can follow the blog HERE

Our chicken is the oven and smells delicious! which means a late lunch needs to be attended to, so on that note I hope everyone has a relaxing New Year's Day.

4 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Good luck with your 365 project. I'm not that ambitious - planning a woodland-a-week photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy New Year Lesley! It is rather ambitious, but I surely must have success after the last few years. I am already irritated with the technology though!

      Delete
  2. Happy New Year! I never set resolutions either. Better to just continue improving with every day! :-)

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous4:04 pm

    Best wishes for the new year. It was rainy here in Virginia, this morning. The sun is trying to peek out now.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...