Thursday 4 April 2013

Thursday Thoughts -

Catherine over at Seeking Susan, Meeting Marie has started a weekly theme called Thursday Thoughts. I don't guarantee to play along each week, but here is this week's offering.

I have spent the last few days clearing my study, reducing the mountain of unfiled papers to a reasonable set of smaller piles ready for filing. I had NO idea I had so much genealogical data, no idea at all!

During part of the clear up I came across a card, sent to me by my former boss back in 2008. We had worked together rather successfully and I was moving on, to a training post from an area role. I read the card and smiled at the happy memories identifying with his comments. I thought that I would share this one with you
"......I hope you will remember some of the conversations we have had over the past few years; and please remember to always save some time and energy for yourself....."
I read that and thought D, you know I forgot don't you?

Professional burn out happens and sadly you don't realise until it is too late. Shame on me that I have done it more than once in my professional career, and never again the cost is simply to great.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:47 pm

    Cleanups always reveal some treasures that get lost in the clutter. Happened to me today and re-appeared just at the right time... so I'm smilin'

    How lovely that you re-discovered treasure put "a smile on your dial" too Julie. Cheers, Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can completely relate Julie! I finally learnt as the fourth approached. The same obsessiveness that makes us good genealogists can be hazardous in the workplace. Here's to taking care of ourselves more!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...