Friday 31 May 2013

Armchair BEA - Genre: Non-Fiction In All Its Forms

Design credit: 
Sarah of Puss Reboots
For day 5 of the Armchair BEA our discussion is about non fiction.

I do read a fair amount of non fiction. I especially like memoirs, biographies and autobiographies. I also like travel texts and historical books with a real emphasis on genealogical books or themes.

My current non fiction read is for my monthly book group.
White Mughals: Love and Betrayal in…

My recent non fiction purchases are these two books

Blue Mauritius: The Hunt for the World's…First Class: A History of Britain in 36…

The One Penny Orange Mystery by Morris…These were inspired purchases because I recently reviewed The One Penny Orange Mystery by Morris Ackerman which I thoroughly enjoyed. I then heard a podcast by Chris West about his book First Class. So having purchased the book I am looking forward to cracking on and reading it.





Without Reservations by Alice Steinbach
In terms of a memoir/travelogue I can thoroughly recommend Without Reservation by Alice Steinbach, which I also mentioned yesterday. Sorry about that, but it is a lovely book and I really enjoyed reading it. You can read my review HERE and you can see a further post that I wrote HERE


I also enjoy reading books that are a combination of travel & cooking. The next book that I shall read that fits that description is Beyond the Pasta by Mark Donovan.
Beyond The Pasta; Recipes, Language and Life…



4 comments:

  1. thanks for the suggestions and for following my blog. I'm following you via GFC. I love non-fiction and to cook/travel so I appreciate the new recommendations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First Class sounds interesting. I love to read non-fiction but don't read many biographies/autobiographies or memoirs. Have seen such excellent recommendations today that I think I need to give them another try though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love nonfiction and you've listed a bunch of books that I haven't read! Woot! More books to check out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes! I love books that are a mixture of travel and food as well. It's like a vacation for the senses!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...