Sunday 2 June 2013

Armchair BEA What Did We Miss?

Design credit:
 
Sarah of Puss Reboots
The Armchair BEA is on its final post; do you know I feel quite sad. The prompts have given me some real enjoyment to write and share and to meet other bloggers. More of that in the wrap up post a little later.

This final prompt is about the genres that have not been covered.
  • Historical Fiction  - I love historical fiction. I love the perhaps or interpreted look to previous times. Some of my favourite books in within this genre are
  • Travel  -  I enjoy reading travelogue type books. A recent favourite that I have mentioned several times this BEA is 
    • Without Reservations by Alice Steinbach which is a combination of memoir and travel.
    • Bill Bryson books - a particular favourite is Down Under
    • Michael Palin - I am a bit of a fan, with every single DVD & book of traveling
    • Billy Connolly - Over the last 20 years or so Billy has toured various parts of the world, each of these program types a mix of travel, gigs, history, humour. One of Scotland's most well known exports! Down Under & Route 66 are my favourites
  • Biography, Autobiography & Memoir - I enjoy reading of the lives of others. Some recent favourites are
  • Food & Cookery - I love books that bring together food and cookery and a little history and life
  • Mysteries - I love cozy mysteries, a gentle amount of unravelling without too much blood and gore, although I do like some gentle mysteries
Here is a picture medley!
The Food of Love by Anthony CapellaItalian Food by Elizabeth DavidAt Home by Bill Bryson1st to Die by James PattersonKinsey and Me: Stories by Sue GraftonDecaffeinated Corpse by Cleo Coyle

9 comments:

  1. Anonymous3:09 pm

    I would definitely like to have a chance to write more about mysteries and detective lit!

    http://mwgerard.com/armchair-bea-wrap-up/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello and by coincidence I have just followed your blog!

      Delete
  2. Great choices -- especially Outlander!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like historical fiction and since I review children's and middle grade, I think it is important for more of these books to go to bloggers. I think I have been sent one or two historical fictions in the last year. No biographies. I did receive three travel books for kids (all the same company) and those were fun.

    Mysteries are not really a defined genre in middle grade. Everything is basically fiction, but I have read many good middle grade mysteries lately. It would have been nice to see what others have read in kids books (mysteries).

    Nice end post.

    http://kid-lit-reviews.com (no longer at blogger)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with you on the genres, especially travel and mysteries. I'm glad to have discovered your blog. Looks like you have a lot of interests when it comes to books.

    I also agree about the prompts. They've really had my fingers tapping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Vikk; Good to meet you!

      Delete
  5. I love the genres you picked to share and love reading aout them all. I had no idea Michael Palin was a world traveler but only knew him from his role in the movie A Fish Called Wanda. I will have to check out his travel guides and the food books you suggested.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, Michael Palin has done some great travels, Pole to Pole, Around the World in 80 days, Brazil is the latest. I keep hoping he will do a Palin Down Under!

      Delete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...