Sunday 2 June 2013

Church Record Sunday - Surrey Records Online

During the week I saw the excellent news that Surrey church records were on line at Ancestry

Surrey, England, Baptisms, 1813-1912
Surrey, England, Marriages, 1754-1937
Surrey, England, Burials, 1813-1987
Surrey, England, Baptisms, Marriages and Burials, 1538-1812

As I said, this is excellent news, but also sad too, as I located the births, marriages and deaths for my Grandparents siblings, the ones that never made it to adulthood and the ones that did and became an intricate part of my childhood and my inspiration for researching my ancestry in the first place.

I also learnt a few bits along the way, where my Great Uncle was living when he married my Grandfather's sister in 1931 and who witnessed their marriage.

Wedding of Rose Butcher to Ernest Clarence Marshall
March 30th 1931 St Nicholas Guildford
Image courtesy of Ancestry
The Wedding Party. The bridesmaid on the right is
Ernest's twin sister
Stay tuned as I share another wedding next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...