Wednesday 5 June 2013

Library Loot - 5th June

I hadn't been to the library for a week or so, but I had  book due back and a small fine to pay as I misread a date then remembered it all wrong! So having renewed the said books I decided to have a small mooch about and see what else I could see.

Well, I staggered home with a bit of a haul and now need to get down to some serious reading and listening as one is a set of audio CDs.
The Great British Sewing Bee by Tessa…The People's Post by Dominic SandbrookThe Mutiny by Julian RathboneMore Tea Less Vicar! by Jill FraserBedeviled Eggs by Laura ChildsDeath Swatch by Laura Childs

Death Swatch and Bedeviled Eggs are both by Laura Childs and are defined as cozy mysteries. Death Swatch is part of the Scrapbook Mystery series and Bedeviled Eggs is part of the Cackleberry Club Mysteries.

The Mutiny by Julian Rathbone is historical fiction and whilst is fiction does include some non fiction characters including a mention of a distant ancestor. Only discovered once I bought the book home.

The Great British Sewing Bee was a BBC 2 programme aired in March this year. I didn't realise it was on the TV until I saw a mention of it on a website and by then it was too late to watch. Nonetheless, I staggered home home with this whopping pile of books and have already dipped into this book.

The People's Post is a series of 15 episodes that was broadcast on BBC Radio 4. I collected stamps as a child and more recently was asked to review a book  - The One Penny Orange Mystery. As a result of that review I have come across several books and purchased two and now I have this to occupy at least 4 hours of my time

I am rather pleased with my haul.

Happy reading (and listening!) ~ Claire has the linky this week

Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Claire from The Captive Reader and Marg from The Adventures of an Intrepid Reader that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky any time

7 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:04 pm

    That is a lovely, varied selection of books. I must check to see of Cornwall has a copy of The Great British Sewing Bee. I'm a knitter not a sewer, but it would be nice to learn just a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do hope so. It is a lovely book. I have been dipping in and out of it since the book came home. It reminded me of my childhood, when I hated home (hand) made clothes too young to understand that it was a legacy,a dying art and a skill.

      Delete
  2. The Mutiny sounds good. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't started this one yet, but I am tempted!

      Delete
  3. Enjoy! It's my favorite thing about the library. . .and if you don't like a book, you've lost nothing but a little time! There are so many books I might never look at if I had to buy them first, but I'll take anything home from the library.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always loved the library. The variety all those wonderful books that I can read completely free of charge! Such a wonderful and underused resource.

      Delete
  4. Will be interested to hear how "the Mutiny" reads.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...