Sunday 24 November 2013

Global Genealogy

Regular readers of the Anglers Rest blog may remember that I mentioned at the end of the summer Global Genealogy.

Well, in case you don't or your new here (welcome)! I am going to tell you a bit about the idea and what the catalyst was.

It all started with a genememe hosted by +Jill Ball. As I answered a set of questions, which you can read HERE,  I vaguely floated the idea that genealogists are friendly, supportive and absolutely get the value of social media. I also said that genealogists are truly breaking down the barriers of time zones and brick wall by embracing not just the social media of today, but by collaboration. The coming together of like minded people across the globe using social media as a platform to educate, embrace, collaborate and share friendships and whatever else takes your fancy.

I then developed the concept which is as follows:

  • One Blog
  • A Blog post written each day by a different blogger
  • The only criteria is that the content of the blog post must be about one (or even all) of the following
    • Genealogy
    • Historical
    • Local History
  • You can use this platform to mention your Society or a genealogical event or alike.
If you are interested please leave a comment or drop me an email using the subject line of Global Genealogy to
juliegoucher@GMail.com
Created using E-Mail Icon Generator

If you have already stepped forward, thank you . I have all those details and will be in touch in due course with the devised blog details and schedule.

Closing date is 20th December 2013

There will be a introductory post on 31st December 2013 and the Global Genealogy blog will launch 1st January 2014

Here is an opportunity to take part in a genealogical, historical  and social media extravaganza

So, what are you waiting for?

3 comments:

  1. Look forward to hearing more, Julie. You should have my name already on your list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sue, you are indeed on the list. I hope to clarify the fine points to those who want to take part by the 20th December

      Delete
  2. Hi, Julie - I have seen the new blog and look forward to posting my contributions. One query - you say "A Blog post written each day by a different blogger". Does this mean we will each be allocated a day in the month to post, or can we choose? With apologies if I have missed something somewhere on this, ,but I want to get it right. A reply would be much appreciated. My e-mail is susanpdonaldson@btinternet.com. Thank you. .

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thanks for stopping by and choosing to leave a message. I read every message and I usually reply via the comment thread. Posts are currently moderated due to the sudden influx of spam postings!

Linkwithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...